Using Manuka Honey for Skin Infections and other Cuts, Scratches and Abrasions
With a rating of 10+ or higher, using Manuka Honey for Skin Infections and other cuts, scratches and abrasions has shown to be effective against a wide range of bacteria and fungi. Not only does it assist in clearing any infection but also aids the healing process by stimulating tissue regeneration.
Scarring and pain are also reduced and dressings do not stick to the surface of the wound. It is a natural antiseptic for the treatment of cuts, scratches and abrasions.
Perfect for Sensitive Skin
Cuts, scratches and abrasions are part of everyday life particularly for children. We believe that Manuka Honey for skin infections is the perfect solution to their sensitive skin.
Cuts are caused when a sharp object, like a knife or broken glass, slices through the skin.
Scratches tend to be minor cuts when a sharp or pointed object, like thorns or fingernails, is pulled along the skin.
Abrasions or scrapes occur when the skin is rubbed against a hard surface such as gravel, wood or cement.
How to Treat Cuts, Scratches and Abrasions
Most minor cuts, scrapes and scratches can be taken care of at home. The first priority is to stop the bleeding if any, cleanse the area and prevent infection from setting in. Whenever the skin is damaged, harmful bacteria can invade the wound causing it to become red and swollen.
Following are some suggested treatments:
- Stop the bleeding by pressing a clean, soft cloth against the wound. If the wound isn't very bad, the bleeding should stop in a few minutes;
- Clean the wound thoroughly with warm water and a gentle soap (caution: never soak a wound that might need sutures, because it may become more swollen and difficult to close);
- Apply Nature's Gold Therapeutic Skin Cream made from Manuka Honey for your skin infection. The antibacterial properties of the cream have proven to be highly effective in controlling the bacterial and fungal microorganisms that can cause various skin infections.
- Use a butterfly bandage to close the wound. This will keep the edges of the wound together so the wound heals with a nice, straight scar. Leave it in place for 24-48 hours to give the skin time to knit together and heal.
- Wash the scratch well with a mild soap and water;
- Apply Nature's Gold Therapeutic Skin Cream or Manuka Power. The antibacterial properties of the cream and/or ointment have proven to be highly effective in controlling the bacterial and fungal microorganisms that can cause various skin infections.
- Wash the scrape well with a mild soap and water to remove all the little particles of dirt and grit;
- If the dirt has become embedded in the scratch, you may need to use a clean soft cloth to clean out the wound;
- Pat the area dry then apply Nature's Gold Therapeutic Skin Cream or Manuka Power ointment. The antibacterial properties of the cream and/or ointment have proven to be highly effective in controlling the bacterial and fungal microorganisms that can cause various skin infections;
- Protect the wound by covering it with a loose-fitting bandage. Although leaving an abrasion uncovered promotes faster healing, it is better protected if the child goes back to play.
NB. For more serious injuries or if symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
To purchase Nature's Gold Therapeutic Skin Cream or any of our other products please use either our secure online shopping facility or, if you prefer, you can us phone direct on 1300 309 128.