Tomato Chutney with Manuka & Chilli (Mild)
1 kg ripe tomatoes
1 large onion
100ml Rice Wine Vinegar
80g Raw Sugar
2-2.5 Tbsp "A Sweeter You" Manuka Honey with Chilli
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
1/4 tsp Red Chilli Flakes, ground (optional)
1. Roughly chop the tomato and finely chop the onion.
2. Add a knob of butter to a large saucepan and sweat the onion until soft
3. Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and Chilli Flakes if desired.
4. Add the remaining ingredients, stir to combine. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer, uncovered for 1 hour or until the chutney reduces and becomes darker in colour.
5. Sterilise the glass jars without the lids, either in a 200C oven for 20 minutes or in a hot cycle of the dishwasher, or you can rinse well and when still damp place each jar in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
6. Fill the jars to the top, cover with cling film and allow to cool. Place the lids on and store in a cool dark place for a few weeks before consuming.
Refrigerate after opening.