Stuffed Pork Fillet with a Sticky Manuka Honey & Chilli Sauce
For the sides
3 large potatoes peeled & cut into cubes
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 large zucchini, sliced
1/2 red onion
Flat leaf parsley or rocket to garnish
For the Meat
1 Chorizo, finely chopped
100g grated 4 cheese melt (or whatever cheese you prefer)
2 large pork fillets
For the Sauce
1 tsp Sesame oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced ginger
2 cups chicken stock
3 Tbsp Nature's Gold "A Sweeter You" Manuka Honey with Chilli
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp tomato paste
2 Tbsp cold water
2 Tbsp cornflour
1. Over a medium heat combine sesame oil, garlic & ginger, stir with a wooden spoon and whisk for 1 minute. Add chicken stock, Manuka Honey with Chilli, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and tomato paste. Turn the heat up and bring to the boil. Combine cold water with cornflour and make a paste. Add to the boiling sauce, stir and let it bubble until it becomes thick and sticky.
2. Preheat oven to 220 C. Line a large tray with baking paper. Place potatoes in a microwave safe bowl with 1 cup water, cover loosely and cook on high for 4-5 minutes. When ready, drain and rinse under cold water. Combine potatoes, olive oil, garlic salt and paprika. Arrange in a single layer on the tray. Roast for 35 minutes.
3. Combine Chorizo and cheese in a bowl. Cut the pork fillets in half, and then down the centre to make a pocket, ensuring not to cut all the way through. Spoon filling mixture into the fillets and secure with kitchen twine.
4. Heat oil in a fry pan, seal all sides of the pork for a few minutes on each side. Approx 8 minutes in total. Transfer the fillets to a baking tray and cook in the oven with the potatoes for a further 10-15 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
5. Heat butter in a fry pan over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion and saute until tender. Introduce the sauce to heat again to warm through. Arrange the meat and vegetables onto a platter and garnish. Serve with the sticky sauce.