Manuka Honey with Salt Crème Brulee
2 cups Thickened Cream
¼ Cup Manuka Honey with Himalayan Rock Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
5 egg Yolks
Sugar (for the top)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. To a saucepan, add the cream and Manuka Honey and heat gently until the Honey dissolves. Add the Vanilla Extract and stir through. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool for approximately 10-15 minutes.
3. Add the egg yolks to a mixing bowl, and whisk, adding a small amount of the cream mixture to the egg yolks and continue adding it, until all of the cream is incorporated into the egg yolks.
4. Place 6 Ramekins in a deep baking tray. Boil some water in your kettle. Pour the custard evenly into the ramekins and carefully add the boiling water into the baking dish until it reaches half way up the ramekins.
5. Bake the custards in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The custard should be set, but still have a slight wobble.
6. Remove the ramekins from the dish and allow them to cool. Cover in cling film and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
7. Sprinkle some sugar over the top of each custard and grill until brown and bubbling. Or alternatively use a blow torch.
8. Serve with berries if desired.