Cookies for Santa
570 g plain flour
1 tsp ground cloves
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp bicarb soda
225 g Manuka Honey MGO 30
225 g butter
½ cup water
225 g sugar
1. Melt the honey, sugar butter and water in a saucepan. Stir until combined and set aside to cool.
2. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl, add the baking soda and spices. Stir.
3. Add the honey mixture to the flour mixture. Stir well until combined through. Loosely cover and leave for 10-12 hours or overnight.
4. Once the mixture has set a little roll into a ball and roll out. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and using a spatula, place on a lined baking tray.
5. Place into a preheated oven at 180C and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Biscuits will still be soft allow them to firm up for about 15 minutes before placing them on a wire rack to cool totally before icing