Slow Cooked Manuka Honey with Plum Christmas Pudding
275g Mixed Dried Fruit
100g Glace cherries, quartered
25g Dried Cranberries
60g Dried Apricots, chopped
Zest and juice of 1 orange
1 Heaped Tbsp Nature's Gold A Sweeter You Manuka Honey with Plum
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Mixed Spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Butter - to grease
2 medium Eggs, beaten
1 medium Granny Smith Apple, grated
50g Chopped Blanched Almonds
85g SR Flour
100g Suet (packet)
65 g Breadcrumbs
1. Place all of the fruits, orange zest and juice, honey, brandy, Frangelico and spices into a bowl. Mix well and set aside for 10 hours.
2. Add the Suet, grated apple, nuts, flour, eggs and breadcrumbs to the fruit and mix well.
3. Grease well, a 1 litre pudding bowl, line the base with a circle of baking paper and add the pudding mix to the bowl.
4. Place a piece of baking paper, then a piece of foil over the top of the bowl and secure with string. Add the lid to the bowl if it has one.
5. Place the pudding into the slow cooker, and add warm water around the bowl until it comes up to 3/4 the way up the side of the pudding bowl.
6. Place a piece of foil over the slow cooker and put on the lid. Cook on high for 6 hours. When it is done, turn off the slow cooker and let the pudding sit for a further 30 minutes.
7. Insert onto a plate and serve with custard.