Manuka Honey, Banana & Choc Chip Muffins
INGREDIENTS (Recipe makes 12 muffins)
2 cups SR flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
75gm melted butter
1/2 cup milk
2 TBSP Nature's Gold Manuka Honey
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 cup mashed ripe banana
85gm Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarb soda, salt and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and chocolate chips.
3. In a large jug, combine the melted butter, milk, Manuka Honey, vanilla essence, eggs, and mashed banana. Whisk until well combined.
4. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Add the wet mixture into the well, and stir until just combined. Spoon into muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer. Cool on a wire rack.
5. If you are feeling a bit fancy, decorate with a dusting of icing sugar and a drizzle of chocolate and finish with a banana chip. Or leave just as is, for a tasty lunchbox treat Enjoy!