New Year's Eve Manuka Honey Cupcakes with Champagne Buttercream
Ingredients - Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda
3/4 tsp Vanilla bean paste or 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/3 cup Milk
1/2 Cup Softened Butter
1/2 Cup Nature's Gold Manuka Honey MGO30
2 Medium Eggs
Oreos, Fondant and an icing pen for the clocks
3/4 Cup Champagne, Prosecco or Chardonnay Pinot Noir
230g softened Butter
4 cups Icing Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
Method - Cupcakes
1. Place the Flour, salt, baking powder & Bicarb soda into a bowl and mix well. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 180C, and line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases.
2. In an electric mixer, beat the butter for a couple of minutes until soft and creamy. Add the Honey, vanilla bean extract, milk and eggs and mix well. At this stage the mixture will be very wet and looks like it has curdled. Do not Panic.
3. Add the flour a little at a time and mix thoroughly for 3 minutes or until all the ingredients are incorporated and the batter is smooth.
4. Evenly distribute the batter between the cases and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
1. Pour the champagne into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and reduce it down to about 1/3 of the amount of liquid. Place in the fridge to completely cool before continuing.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy and completely smooth. Add the icing sugar, a little at a time until incorporated and then the vanilla extract and half of the reduced champagne. Mix well, then taste the buttercream and add more of the champagne until you are happy with the flavour. Pipe onto the cooled cupcakes and decorate as you wish.