2 cups plain flour
¼ tsp Salt
½ cup castor sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 egg – large
¼ cup butter
½ cup Manuka Honey
- Preheat oven to 180C. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour and baking powder and add the sugar and salt. Mix to combine.
- In a small saucepan gently heat the butter and honey until melted, remove from the heat and add the milk and egg.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and fold gently until just combined. Do not overmix or your muffins will become chewy.
- Fill muffin cases ¾ way up with the mixture and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar once cooled.