Manuka Honey With Ginger and Apple Turnovers
1 pkt Puff Pastry
5 Granny Smith Apples (Peeled, cored & sliced)
2 Tbsp Nature's Gold "A Sweeter You" Manuka Honey with Ginger+ 2 Tbsp of the Crystalized ginger from the jar, finely chopped
2 Tbsp brown Sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Cup Boiling Water
1 egg, whisked
Sugar to sprinkle on top
1. Add the apple slices to a saucepan on a low-medium heat, with the cinnamon, honey, ginger and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
2. Pour the boiling water over the apples, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until liquid thickens and slightly reduces. (If you wish to thicken the liquid even more, remove the apples turn pan up to a high heat and cook until reduced. Return the apples to the pan.) Set aside to cool, preheat the oven to 180C whilst you defrost the pastry.
3. Using a small bowl or a large mug (approximately 11cm across), place on the pastry and cut around to make circles.
4. Put around 1/2-1 Tbsp of filling (depending on the size of your circles) into the centre of the pastry and spread slightly but do not go near the edges.
5. Brush each turnover with egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes on one side, turn and bake for a further 8 minutes on the other or until pastry is golden and cooked through on both sides.