Manuka Honey & Banana Upside Down Cake
450g SR Flour
2 tsp Nutmeg
125 g Brown sugar
250g Butter- unsalted, room temperature and chopped.
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 can condensed milk 400g
½ cup Evaporated Milk
5 ripe bananas
¾ Cup Manuka Honey + extra to drizzle at the end if you wish.
1. Preheat the oven to 160C and grease and line a large springform cake tin.
2. Mash 2 of the bananas and slice the remaining lengthwise to use on the top.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the SR flour, brown sugar and nutmeg beat for a minute and then add the butter and continue to beat on a low speed until the mixture resembles crumbs.
4. Fold in the beaten eggs, condensed milk, and evaporated milk and then the mashed banana until combined. Do not over mix.
5. Pour the ¾ Cup of manuka Honey into the springform pan and lay the sliced banana on top. Pour the batter over the honey and bananas and bake for 1hr 30- 1 hr 40 or until cooked through. (Keep an eye on the cake and if it is browning too quickly place some foil over the top.)
6. Once removed from the oven and the pan is cool enough to touch flip the cake onto your serving tray. Drizzle with extra honey if you wish and serve with a dollop of cream or ice cream.