Manuka Honey & Apricot Slice
200g dried apricots (The harder ones not the Turkish plump ones)
2 cups SR flour, sifted
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp Nature's Gold Manuka Honey MGO30
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Soak the apricots overnight or a minimum of 4 hours in hot water. Drain and pat dry with paper towel and cut into small pieces.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a slice tin.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the honey and stir until combined.
4. Add the coconut and sugar to the sifted flour in a large bowl and add the apricots and stir through. Pour the honey and butter mix into the flour and stir with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
5. Press the mixture into the slice tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
6. Cool completely before dusting with icing sugar.