Churro’s with Manuka Caramel Dipping Sauce
1 cup plain flour
Good pinch of salt
1 cup boiling water
1 Tbsp vegetable oil.
¼ Cup Caster Sugar mixed with 2 tsp Cinnamon
1. Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, oil, and water in a bowl until it forms a sticky dough.
- Mix the Caster Sugar with the Cinnamon and set aside on a plate.
- Place the dough into a piping bag with a large star tip.
- Heat the oil to 175C.
- Slowly squeeze the dough out of the piping bag until it reaches 10-15 cm strips and holding the bag low over the hot oil snip the end of the dough with scissors and allow it to fall gently into the oil.
- Fry until golden and drain on paper towel.
- Roll the warm Churro’s into the Cinnamon Sugar.
Manuka Caramel Sauce.
½ cup Butter, chopped and cubed
1 cup thickened cream
½ cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 Cup MGO 30 Manuka Honey*
- Add all of the ingredients into a heavy based saucepan and stir with a whisk until combined. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and pour into a sterilised glass jar.
- Serve while it’s still warm.
*For a salted caramel sauce, use Nature’s Gold “A sweeter you” Manuka Honey with Himalayan Rock Salt, and use unsalted butter.