Brown Butter & Manuka Honey Cake
100g chopped unsalted butter
3/4 cup Nature's gold Manuka Honey MGO30
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups Self Raising flour, sifted
1/2 tsp Bicarb soda, sifted
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 cups icing sugar
2 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp water
1/3 cup lemon juice
Rind of 1/2 lemon, zested
1. Preheat oven to 160C
2. Place the butter in a small pan over a high heat until melted, cook until the butter froths and becomes golden brown.
3. In a bowl add honey, milk, eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Add the sifted flour, bicarb soda and sugar. Mix well.
5. Divide the mixture evenly between 4 mini loaf tins that have been greased and lined.
6. Bake for 18 minutes, test with a skewer and if the skewer does not come out clean cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and whilst cooling prick with a skewer in several places to absorb the glaze.
In a saucepan, heat the icing sugar, melted butter, water and lemon juice until combined.
Drizzle over the warm cake, and add the lemon zest on the top to finish.