170g Nature's Gold Manuka Honey with Salt
115g Unsalted Butter
1 Tbsp Bicarb Soda
515g Plain Flour
1 Tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
500g Sour Cream
500g Thickened Cream
1 Tbsp Icing Sugar
2 Tbsp Manuka honey MGO 30
Topping & Decoration
1 can Nestle Top'n'Fill Caramel
Good pinch Rock Salt
1/2 Pkt Arnotts Butternut Snap Biscuits - Crushed
Method - Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Melt the butter, sugar and honey in a pan, stir until well combined. Continue to heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and add the Bicarb soda, mix well.
3. In an electric mixer place the eggs and vanilla, mix well then slowly add the honey mixture. Beat until incorporated.
4. Add the flour in small batches until it forms a sticky dough.
5. Using lots of flour, lightly knead the dough into a ball and divide into 8 equal balls. Roll each ball into a thin 20cm circle (I cut around a plate) It should resemble the thickness of a crepe. Place each circle onto a lined tray and bake for 6-8 minutes until just crisp.
Whip the cream with the icing sugar until it forms stiff peaks. In a separate bowl, mix the honey into the sour cream. Fold the sour cream into the whipped cream.
1. Place the first layer of cake onto your serving plate and put a generous layer of cream over the top. Continue layering, alternating between cake and cream until you get to the final layer of cake.
2. Place a generous amount of cream around the side of the cake, coat the sides with biscuit crumbs.
3. Mix 1/2 - 3/4 of the can of caramel with a decent pinch of rock salt. Stir well until smooth. Smear the caramel over the top of the cake and place in the fridge to set for a minimum of 4 hours.
Comments will be approved before showing up.