Ingredients - Donuts
12 hole mini donut pans x 2
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup Nature's Gold Manuka Honey MGO30
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
5 cups icing sugar
1/3 cup water
yellow food colouring
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly spray the donut pans with cooking spray.
2. Melt the butter with the honey in a pan until dissolved and set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
4. Add the milk, vanilla and egg to the honey mixture and whisk. Combine the wet ingredients into the dry and stir thoroughly until smooth and well combined.
5. Pipe or spoon the batter into the donut pans and bake for around 10 minutes or until they spring back when lightly touched. Transfer to a rack to cool.
6. Mix the icing sugar with the water until smooth, add a few drops of the colouring until it becomes the colour that you like, add a couple of drops of lemon essence to taste.
7. Coat the top of each cooled donut with the glaze, and place back on the wire rack to set.
*If you wish you can add the zest of a small lemon to the donut batter for extra flavour.
Comments will be approved before showing up.