1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp mixed Spice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
230g Unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Nature's Gold Manuka Honey MGO30
4 Extra large eggs
1 tsp Vanilla bean extract or vanilla essence
Zest of 1 large orange
4 Tbsp Orange Juice + 1 Tbsp Orange Liqueur if desired
1. Preheat oven to 180C and grease and line a cake tin with baking paper.
2. Sift the flour, spices and baking powder.
3. In a mixer, add the butter and beat on high for 1 minute. Add the honey and the sugar and beat on high for a few minutes until combined.
4. One at a time, add the eggs and beat in between each addition. Add the vanilla the orange zest and the orange juice. Mix until just combined. (If the mixture loos curdled, do not panic, it will come together when the flour is added.)
5. Add the flour and spices in two stages, mixing in between until combined. If you are using orange liqueur, mix it through now.
6. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and cook for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted. If the cake starts to look too brown three quarters of the way through the baking, cover with foil.
7. Allow to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before inserting onto a wire rack.
Comments will be approved before showing up.