1/3 cup water
1/2 cup Nature's Gold Manuka Honey
16 grams powdered gelatin
2 cups vegetable oil, chilled
You will also need a small mesh strainer, a syringe or medicine dropper, a couple of bowls and paper towel
1. Combine the water, honey and gelatin in a saucepan, heat, stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
2. Transfer to a bowl and let it cool a bit until it thickens but is still able to be drawn up into a syringe or dropper.
3. Drip the honey mixture into the cold oil slowly a few drops at a time from the syringe. The droplets that form will sink to the bottom of the bowl. Let them sit in the oil for at least 30 seconds and stir, to agitate and collect in the strain er as they rise to the top. (Alternatively you can pour the oil into another bowl and catch the pearls in a strainer.)
4. Drop the pearls into the iced water bath, remove with a slotted spoon and drain onto paper towel.
5. Store the pearls in a jar or airtight container.
Comments will be approved before showing up.