1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
2 Tbsp Ground Ginger
2 1/4 tsp Mixed Spice
1/4 tsp Ground cloves
1 1/2 cups room temperature butter
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1/2 Cup brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Nature's Gold Manuka Honey MGO 30
2 Tbsp Treacle or Golden Syrup
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 Cup softened Cream cheese
1/2 cup Softened Butter
3 Cups sifted icing Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Method - Cakes:
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tin with cupcake cases. Mix the flour, ginger, mixed spice and cloves in a bowl.
2. Cream the butter and 2 sugars in an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add the honey and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time beating in between, scrape the sides of the bowl and mix.
4. Slowly add the flour and mix well. Divide the mix into patty pan cases and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Completely cool before frosting.
1. Beat the butter until soft and creamy. Add cream cheese and beat for 1 minute. Add vanilla, mix and then slowly add the icing sugar and mix until combined. If the mix is not stiff enough add a little more icing sugar.
2. Pipe onto cooled cakes.
Comments will be approved before showing up.