100g chopped unsalted butter
3/4 cup Nature's gold Manuka Honey MGO30
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups Self Raising flour, sifted
1/2 tsp Bicarb soda, sifted
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 cups icing sugar
2 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp water
1/3 cup lemon juice
Rind of 1/2 lemon, zested
1. Preheat oven to 160C
2. Place the butter in a small pan over a high heat until melted, cook until the butter froths and becomes golden brown.
3. In a bowl add honey, milk, eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Add the sifted flour, bicarb soda and sugar. Mix well.
5. Divide the mixture evenly between 4 mini loaf tins that have been greased and lined.
6. Bake for 18 minutes, test with a skewer and if the skewer does not come out clean cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and whilst cooling prick with a skewer in several places to absorb the glaze.
In a saucepan, heat the icing sugar, melted butter, water and lemon juice until combined.
Drizzle over the warm cake, and add the lemon zest on the top to finish.
Comments will be approved before showing up.