Boozy Manuka with Plum Fruit Mince Pies
4 Cups Mixed Dried Fruit
½ Cup Chopped Glace Cherries
¼ Cup Chopped dried Apricots
1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
½ Cup brown Sugar
1 Cup orange or lemon Marmalade
2 tsp Mixed Spice
2 Tbsp Manuka Honey with Plum
2 Tbsp Bacardi
2 Tbsp Dark Rum
2 Tbsp Brandy
Use your favourite shortcrust pastry recipe or 1 pkt of frozen shortcrust pastry.
Few Tbsp Milk to glaze.
¼ Cup Icing Sugar
Method: - Fruit Mince
1. Mix all the fruit mince ingredients in a large bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until totally combined.
- Transfer to an airtight container and place in a cool dark spot for 5 days to a week before using to allow the fruit to soak up the alcohol and honey. Stir well before using.
- Spray 2 x 12-hole tart trays with cooking spray oil and preheat the oven to 180C
- With a circle cutter cut out 24 circles of pastry, big enough for each one to fill each hole in the tray. With a slightly smaller star cutter, cut out 24-star shapes.
- Place the circles into the trays and gently press down so that they sit perfectly in each hole. Place a tsp of the fruit mince into each circle and with your ring finger or a pastry brush, gently add some milk to the top rim so that the lid will stick.
- Place a star on the top pf each pie and gently press the points of the stars into the pastry underneath to adhere together.
- Brush each star with some milk and bake in the oven for approx. 20 minutes or until just golden. Allow to cool in the trays before removing
- Dust with icing sugar.